• Let the answering machine screen my calls, and then call back when I have the energy to talk. Do not feel guilty about this choice.
• Fix my hair and put on something attractive or cute, rather than stay in my pj's until time to pick up the kids.
• Walk the dog. Do not procrastinate. Walk the dog.
• Have lunch with my teenage son, and be comfortable in the silence of our non-conversation.
• Make a stress-less dinner, 'cause every Wednesday is a busy day. Today, food is fuel.
• Be content.
• Match the socks that are single and lonely in the bottom of the laundry basket. Throw out the ones that don't have a mate. Don't feel sorry for them!
• Look for opportunities to smile and maybe even laugh once or twice. And, if I can't do that on my own… call a funny friend. And, if I don't have one, begin looking.
• Keep my blog short and sweet. Don't drown people in words.
And, enough said. Carpe diem, my friends!
19 hours ago