Sunday, October 25, 2009

The reason why

An awful lot of thinking has been going on in my head lately… the neurons buzzing back and forth, and considerations being considered. I've gone from deep despair to a more moderate emotional state, and back again, all without any med's or prolonged use of vitamin supplements. And the process will no doubt continue, as that's just how I live right now. Menopause maybe, or maybe a new life season, or maybe just part of how I was made. It is what it is.

I found a few old journals lately, took them to bed early one evening and started to read them just to confirm that this isn't the first time in my life when I've felt like I've hit a wall. And, indeed, there in ink I read about other times when the circumstances of my life lined up with a case of SADD, or stress, or low energy, or grief, or even with an overabundance of time alone to think on all these things, and the result was the same… reassessment, questioning, wondering, and doubts. And it's always a downward spiral.

I believe a part of why I feel this way is due to my spirituality. There's a very real possibility that a battle is taking place in my mind and spirit because the devil would like to render me ineffective in my life. What I mean to say is, that there's a spiritual world of darkness at work against the Kingdom of Light that I confess to belong to. I'm not here to argue this… just state it as something I believe to be true.

So, having said that, the more time I spend alone, the worse these dark attacks can be. Being an introvert, I often think I don't need to be with people that much, but that's not true for me for long periods of time. Because, when I'm alone, I'm not being bolstered by the community of people that can provide me encouragement, wisdom, comraderie, and affirmation of my life purpose. This community of friends are what sustain me, share accountability with me and help me to refocus when my glasses get foggy… like right about now.

I've already begun the process of reintegration into community in various ways… by opening up this can of worms to you, to my friends, to my husband, and allowing you and them to see that I just don't have it all together… I'm human, I'm struggling, I need them to come alongside me and help me find my way. This can take the form of conversation, prayer, counsel, and plain old cheering from the sidelines as I find my way back into the race again.

I'm on my way back… taking time to write down all the clues that are being sprinkled like bread crumbs upon the path of my life. I bend down and pick up the pieces, nibble on some, and look up for the next clue.

I'm coming back… it's becoming clearer… I'm on my way… watch for me…

Lesley-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

community (7) life (7) love (7) relationships (7) God (6) death (6) family (6) menopause (6) communication (5) grief (5) depression (4) friends (4) grace (4) purpose (4) Women's Life Balance Program (3) blogging (3) faith (3) grieving (3) homemaker (3) honesty (3) hope (3) joy (3) marriage (3) perspective (3) truth (3) Christmas (2) cleaning (2) creation (2) creator (2) destiny (2) doubt (2) friendship (2) happy (2) maturity (2) mercy (2) parenting (2) passion (2) priorities (2) simplicity (2) survival (2) unconditional love (2) women (2) women's health (2) worship (2) Fall (1) Love Dare (1) Mother's Day (1) Mothering (1) Spiritual growth (1) Twitter (1) aging (1) anger (1) awareness (1) back to school (1) bad (1) balance (1) beliefs (1) believe (1) bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (1) boys (1) challenge (1) children (1) choices (1) colds (1) compassion (1) conflict (1) connecting (1) consequences (1) conversation (1) crime (1) cyber crime (1) dates (1) details (1) disclosure (1) divine intervention (1) dogs (1) eating (1) emotions (1) entertainment (1) envy (1) expectancy (1) expression (1) faithful (1) flu season (1) food (1) girlfriends (1) growth (1) heaven (1) help (1) holy spirit (1) hormones (1) housekeeper (1) husbands (1) illness (1) jealousy (1) judging (1) kids (1) legacy (1) lies (1) members (1) partnership (1) personality (1) predestination (1) pro-active (1) purposeful (1) responsibility (1) responsible (1) reuse (1) salivary testing (1) self-control (1) self-righteousness (1) sense of place (1) serving (1) significance (1) sin (1) stewardship (1) struggle (1) teenagers (1) tenderness (1) the honest scrap (1) tribute (1) truth or dare (1) vacation (1) women's health balance (1) writing (1) youth (1)